For anyone interested in pursuing an education in theology, the Bachelor of Theology Online degree program is considered the backbone of their learning process and achievement.
The Bachelor of Theology online degree program is designed for the active pastor, evangelist, preacher, or layman with in the local church. The program is largely Bible-based and offers a broad theological and practical foundation as well. As in all of our programs, students may complete the degree at their own pace. The average student completes the program in two years.
The purpose of this program of study, is to equip students with a sound theological base for leadership, teaching, and ministry within a local church, particularly related to volunteer, bi-vocational, or career service.
On successful completion of this program, a student should be able to:
• Demonstrate mastery of the general education and biblical foundations core competencies;
• State, and in a structured way demonstrate understanding of, major biblical doctrines and their underlying theology;
• Demonstrate understanding of the history and theology of the Church and explain their importance, and the development of Christianity as a major religion;
• Demonstrate the veracity and reliability of the Bible and using analysis tools demonstrate the purpose, significance and application of the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Testament;
• Demonstrate knowledge of the world’s major religions and how they differ from Christianity; and
• Demonstrate understanding of eschatological events and Bible prophecy.
Each student entering the Bachelor of Theology degree program at LWTS has an assigned faculty adviser who will be available for program advisement and career information. An adviser helps a student create a workable plan to meet his or her educational objectives within a reasonable time period.
So, if you are looking for a strong Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) program, look no further because you have found a solid school with a solid commitment to our student body and the uncompromising and inerrant Word of God!